This Perlcast interview segment, recorded on October 12th 2005, is with Christopher M. Frenz. Chris recently authored "Pro Perl Parsing: Master parsing concepts and techniques using the Perl language.", a book published by Apress.
As a bonus, Apress will be giving away three copies of "Pro Perl Parsing". To enter the contest, simply listen to this interview and send an email to perlcast [at] gmail.com with the answer to the question: "Which is typically faster, a top-down or bottom-up parser?" Have your submissions in by October 20th 2005.
Thursday, October 13, 2005
Monday, October 10, 2005
The time has finally come for Perlcast to release another Perl News Summary podcast. Links for all of the news items can be found in the listing below.
- Interview Audio
- YAPC::EU::2005 talks videos
- Perlmeme.org - a Site for Perl Beginners
- Missing Monger Groups
- YAPC::Europe::2006 - Birmingham Wins The Bid
- Parrot 0.3.0 "Alex" Release
- This Week on perl5-porters - 26 September-2 October 2005
- Annotating CPAN
- Nordic Perl Workshop 2005
- 3rd Hungarian Perl Workshop
- Making Menus with wxPerl
- Beta Broadcast 003: Good and Evil
- Optimizing Development For Fun
Wednesday, October 5, 2005
Perlcast, the Perl podcast, back with an interview with Andy Lester. Andy is the new public relations representative for the Perl Foundation, a 2005 White Camel winner, creator of WWW::Mechanize, and an advocate for Perl Quality Assurance. Listen in for Andy's take on Perl and a little side note on Google's Summer of Code.